They (the poems) are of no use until one doesn't know it's meaning. So, as far as I know their meanings I have plan to InshaALLAH write them down here.
So, let's start from Peera ho Peera
Peera Ho Peera
| Meray hath gari diyan thuthiyan | My hands are like bowls of coconut (I'm begging) |
| Mera Peer sacha tay mai jhuti aan | My Teacher is right and I am wrong |
| Shalan walay'a peera | |
| Peera Ho Peera | Teacher! Oh Teacher! |
| Meri Dachi day gal wich talliyan | My ride has bells in it's neck |
| Wai mai Peer manawan challi aan | I'm going to make my teacher happy |
| Shalan waleya peera | |
| Peera Ho Peera | Teacher Oh Teacher |
| Meray hath katora ai mangan da | I have a cup of beggars in my hands |
| Mera Peer wali aina rahwan da | My teacher know all these ways (meaning the ways to ALLAH from where my desires can be fulfilled) |
| Shalan walay'a Peera | |
| Peera ho Peera | Teacher! Oh Teacher |
You can download it's audio here
Now let's come to the second poem Bhagan waleyo
Bhagan Walay'o
| Bhagan Walayo! Naam japo | Oh Gifted People! Recite the Name |
| Maula Naam Naam! | The Name of your Lord (ALLAH) |
| Husn, Jawani, Duniya Fani | Beauty, Youth, World are all Mortal |
| Shai her Aani jani rahay Maula Naam Naam | Everything come and go but our Lord remains forever |
| Banda Makri, Tolay TakRi | Clever (dishonest) human, weighs balance |
| Hath wich lakRi chabda | bites wood with his fingernails |
| Raway Maula Naam naam | Our Lord remains forever |
| Loag byopari, pyar de vairi | People are businessmen, enemies of Love |
| Ishq de ramz noo jaanan na | Doesn't know the meaning of Love |
| Maula naam naam | But Our Lord! (But ALLAH knows) |
| Bhagan Walayo, Naam Japo, Maula Naam Naam | Oh Gifted People! Recite the name, The Name of (your) Lord |
No comments:
Post a Comment